Safe to say I’ve been down for the count the last week, sinus infection, bronchitis, and more. So here are some of my tips and tricks on mending and improving your health.
- Hygiene! This seems basic but you need to be washing body everyday and brushing teeth and washing hair. As well, cleaning bed sheets after the brunt of the illness is passing and making sure clothes are washed and not re-worn. You want to kill all chances of bacteria spreading.
- Tea. This is amazing hands down. My go to has been chamomile and honey lemon. It is soothing on the stomach and throat and non-caffeinated. It is relaxing and aids in a nasty cough or upset stomach.
- Mouth wash. This is huge for keeping bacteria at bay in the mouth and throat. Anything helps.
- Mints. This helps keep sick breath manageable and coughing fits doable.
- Water. Part of being sick is dehydration. Keeping your body hydrated is key in helping it get stronger.
- Medication. If your doctor prescribes something – you need to remember to take it!