The perfect winged liner is a mystery to most, and continues to be hard to figure out. Although I am not a master of it, I would say I’ve finally moved on from the rookie stage. So here is my tip by tip how to.
1. Make small dots along the lash line with a pencil eyeliner
2. Take a liquid eyeliner (preferably not felt tip) and connect the dots
3. Build it up. What I mean by this is keep the line thin on the inner corner of the eye and build towards the outer corner
4. Make a small dot where you want your wing to point/end and pull the liner back towards the eye
5. The best part! Any mistakes, just take a q-tip and clean up the area.
Another trick I’ve tried and sometimes works well, is using tape and creating a stencil for your eyeliner. The only downside is you have to wait for it to completely dry, but 9/10 times it turns out great.